Alert #1914065 – Lamar County. …FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH
The National Weather Service in Fort Worth has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of north central Texas and
northeast Texas, including the following areas, in north
central Texas, Collin, Comanche, Cooke, Dallas, Denton,
Eastland, Erath, Fannin, Grayson, Hood, Hunt, Jack, Johnson,
Montague, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell, Stephens,
Tarrant, Wise, and Young. In northeast Texas, Delta, Hopkins,
* From Friday morning through Saturday afternoon
* Showers and thunderstorms are expected to become more numerous
through the day Friday and continuing into Saturday. The
heaviest rainfall may occur late Friday into Friday night.
* Rainfall totals of 2 to 5 inches will be possible especially
north of I-20 toward the Red River through Saturday. Isolated
heavier amounts in excess of 5 inches can be expected.
* Soils will saturate quickly with periods of heavy rainfall
resulting in rapid runoff and the potential for flash flooding.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions are favorable for heavy
rain which may lead to flash flooding. You should monitor the
latest forecasts from the National Weather Service and be
prepared to take action should Flash Flood Warnings be issued for
For more information: Current Weather